Mahendra Singh Dhoni is an Cricketer (Wicket-keeper)
Current Age : 41 years, 11 months, 16 days
Mahendra Singh Dhoni is Check out below to know more details about Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s wiki, biography, age, wife, girlfriends, affair, height, weight, caste, family and more.
||Mahendra Singh Dhoni
||Mahendra Singh Dhoni
|Used / Nick Name
||MSD, MS, Mahi, Captain Cool
||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India
Age, Dob, Birthplace, zodiac, star sign
|Date Of Birth (DOB)
|Place Of Birth
||Ranchi, Jharkhand, (Then in Bihar) India
|Type Of Body
|Body Size and Measurements
||Chest: 42 inches – Waist: 32 inches – Biceps: 14 inches
||5 feet 9 inches / 175 Centimeters
||75 kg / 165.375 lbs
Father / Mother, Family Details
||Pan Singh (MECON employee; worked at Junior Management position)
|No. Of. Brothers
|No. Of. Sisters
||Narendra Singh Dhoni (Elder, Politician)
||Jayanti Gupta (Elder)
|Name Of School
||DAV Jawahar Vidya Mandir, Shyamali, Ranchi, Jharkhand
|Name Of College
||St. Xaviers College, Ranchi, Jharkhand
International Debut ODI- 23 December 2004 against Bangladesh at Chittagong
Test- 2 December 2005 against Sri Lanka at Chennai
T20 – 1 December 2006 against South Africa at Johannesburg
Jersey Number – #7 (India), #7 (IPL)
Domestic/State Team(s) – Asia XI, Bihar, Chennai Super Kings, Jharkhand, Rising Pune Supergiants
Coach/Mentor – Keshav Banerjee and Chanchal Bhattacharya
Batting Style – Right-Handed
Bowling Style – Right-Arm Fast Medium
Favourite Shots – Helicopter shot and Paddlesweep
Nature on Field – Calm
Likes to play against – Pakistan and Australia
Records (main ones)
- Under his captaincy, Indian team won major tournaments in all 3 formats: the No.1 Test ranking for 18 months (2009-2011), the ODI World Cup in 2011, Champions Trophy in 2013 and the Twenty20 World Cup in 2007.
- Most centuries at the position of No.7 in ODIs.
- Most 6s in International Cricket as a captain.
- Most number of stumpings in International Cricket.
- Highest score by a wicket-keeper batsman in ODIs (183 runs).
- Won most T20 International matches as a captain.
- Most times bowled in International Cricket while playing a match as a wicket-keeper.
- Only skipper to score an ODI century while batting at No.7
- First Indian wicket-keeper batsman to score 4,000 Test runs.
- Highlight score by an Indian captain in Tests (224 runs).
- 3rd skipper ever to have captained in 300+ international matches, after Ricky Ponting (324) and Stephen Fleming (303).
- The only skipper to have captained 50+ matches in all 3 formats.
- First Indian captain to win a Test series in New Zealand.
- In July 2018, he made the record of maximum stumpings in Twenty20 Internationals (33 stumpings in 91 matches).
Career Turning Point – Performance in the 2003/04 tri-nation tournament against Kenya and Pakistan A, where he scored 362 runs in 6 matches at an average of 72.40.
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna (2007)
- Padma Shri (2009)
- Padma Bhushan (2018)
- MTV Youth Icon of the Year (2006)
- ICC ODI Player of the Year (2008, 2009)
- CNN-IBN Indian of the Year in Sports (2011)
- ICC Award for Spirit of Cricket (2011)